Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mumbai Dabba_code



I am not sure any one can beat their record. Dabbawallahs are beyond 6 sigma. I guess new standards have to arrive. I wondered how it would be if the dabbawallas carried wifi enabled handheld readers. Maybe NFC mobile phones to send positional information along its supply chain.

I ate from one of dabbawallah supplied tiffin box of a friend while livin ing Mumbai as an young engineer wayback in 1978. I still remember my friend exploiting the robust supply chain to the fullest extent by sending regularly flowers to his wife in one of the clean compartments of the tiffin box.
He is to tell me how happily his wife waits for him at the doorstep.

Supply chain is two way.

Looking for epc supply chain architecture

write to : savineer@yahoo.com

Parasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home